Part B: Essay
Directions:В Write a well-organized essay that includes an introduction, several paragraphs, and a conclusion.В Use evidence from at least five documents in the body of the essay.В Support your response with relevant facts, examples, and details.В Include additional outside information.
During the nineteenth century, many reformers wanted to change the way women dressed.В Fashion dictated that women wear a long heavy skirt, several undergarments, a tight-laced, whale-boned corset, a tight-waisted blouse, delicate slippers, and an ornamental hat.В Female reformers attempted to simplify women's clothing for a variety of reasons, and with mixed results.
Using information from the documents and your knowledge of United States history, write an essay in which you:
In your essay, be sure to:
- Address all aspects of the Task by accurately analyzing and interpreting at least five documents.
- Incorporate information from the documents in the body of the essay.
- Incorporate relevant outside information.
- Support the theme with relevant facts, examples, and details.
- Use a logical and clear plan of organization.
- Introduce the theme by establishing a framework that is beyond a simple restatement of the Task or Historical Context and conclude with a summation of the theme.