Directions:В Write a well-organized essay that includes an introduction, several paragraphs, and a conclusion.В Use evidence from at least five documents in the body of the essay.В Support your response with relevant facts, examples, and details.В Include additional outside information.
After the Civil War, northern white women volunteered to assist freedmen and women -- as teachers, fundraisers, distributors of relief, employees of the Freedmen's Bureau -- and sought to mobilize the Federal Government in support of these efforts.В With private assistance and through the Freedmen's Bureau these women lobbied the Federal government, taught schools, dispensed charity, ran employment bureaus, and assisted migration.В Yet the efforts of these women met with resistance for a variety of reasons.
Using information from the documents and your knowledge of United States history, write an essay in which you:
Guidelines: In your essay, be sure to:
- Address all aspects of the Task by accurately analyzing and interpreting at least five documents.
- Incorporate information from the documents in the body of the essay.
- Incorporate relevant outside information.
- Support the theme with relevant facts, examples, and details.
- Use a logical and clear plan of organization.
- Introduce the theme by establishing a framework that is beyond a simple restatement of the Task or Historical Context and conclude with a summation of the theme.